Sunday 30 August 2009

“‘Uthmaan is a shy man…”

‘Aa’ishah narrated that one day Aboo Bakr asked for permission to enter upon the Messenger of Allaah when he was lying down on his bed, wrapping himself in the cover of ‘Aa’ishah. He gave permission to Aboo Bakr to enter when he was like that, and he fulfilled his need then went away.

Then ‘Umar asked for permission to enter and he gave him permission to enter when he was like that, and he fulfilled his need then he went away.

‘Uthmaan then asked for permission to enter and he sat up and said to ‘Aa’ishah, “Cover yourself properly.” ‘Uthmaan fulfilled his need then went away.

‘Aa’ishah said, “O Messenger of Allaah, why did I not see you stirring for Aboo Bakr and ‘Umar as you did for ‘Uthmaan?” The Messenger of Allaah said, “‘Uthmaan is a shy man, and I was afraid that if I gave him permission to enter when I was in that state, he would not tell me of his need.

[Saheeh Muslim: 2402]



2 comments:

  1. the prophet peace be upon him didnt tell Aisha to cover herself properly!! this is a shiite claim

    the prophet peace be upon him told Aisha to take her blanket away

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalam alaikum..I too have a similar blog.
    http://bestislamstories.blogspot.com/

    Can I share stories from your blog too .. Jazakallah

    Regards
    Mohammed

    ReplyDelete